The Spring meeting of the West Kootenay/Boundary Regional Seniors was held on Monday, April 10th, 2017 in Trail Seniors Centre. The meeting was then called to order by Ralph White, Regional Chair, at 11:00 AM with the singing of O’Canada. The Seniors’ Prayer was read by Gale Detta, Regional Vice-Chair. There were 42 members present with 21 delegates and 21 visitors.
Adoption of Agenda: – M/S/C that the Agenda as circulated be adopted.
Secretary Wilbur Wostradowski read the minutes of the September 29th, 2016 Fall Meeting. The Minutes were accepted as read.
Treasurer Janice Wostradowski read the Treasurer’s Report. The bank balance as of March 31st, 2017 is $55.72 + $25 in the share account. The Treasurer’s report was accepted as presented.
12 Branch Annual Reports were read to the Meeting and copies (with exception of Nakusp) are attached to the original minutes. It is always great to hear what the branches are doing for the seniors in their areas.
Following the Branch Reports we all enjoyed a delicious lunch prepared by the Trail Seniors. Following lunch the meeting was reconvened.
- Senior Citizens’ Association of B.C. Website: – Lorraine Bradford reported on the Website and asked all those present if they would update their information for the website and also sign up to receive notification of posts.
- 2017 AGM of the Senior Citizens’ Association being held in Houston from May 4 to 6, 2017: – Ralph White reported on numbers attending.
- Senior Citizens’ Association of B.C. Resolutions being presented at the AGM were reviewed by Wilbur Wostradowski.
- C. 55+ Senior Games Zone 6: – Mac Gregory reported on the 2017 games that are being held in Vernon, September 12 to 16. Also the 2018 Games will be held in Cranbrook/Kimberley and 2019 in Kelowna.
- Branch Data Sheets: – Wilbur asked all those present to turn in their Branch Data Sheets.
- Membership Dues: – Please see the Treasurer, Janice Wostradowski, after the meeting to pay your 2017 Membership dues.
- Senior Citizens’ Association of B.C. ByLaw Changes: – Wilbur reviewed the changes that are being proposed to our ByLaws at the AGM.
- Raffle Ticket Monies: – Please either give or send to Ralph White.
- Report from Gale Detta, President of the Senior Citizens’ Association of B.C. a copy of her report is attached to the original minutes.
- Resolution from Branch 116 Passmore:
WHEREAS: Senior citizens attending regional meetings may or may not have met or even talked with others attending these meetings, and
WHEREAS: People often forget the names of acquaintances that they seldom see, and
WHEREAS: It may be embarrassing to ask the name of someone you really should know, and
WHEREAS: Many, if not all seniors’ association branches have provided their members with name tags, and
WHEREAS: Temporary, blank, name tags could be readily provided at the door of West Kootenay/Boundary Regional Meetings, to fill out by those without their own permanent name tag.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT: Attendees at all regional meetings should wear their name tag as a courtesy to other attendees and to enforce this practice, a small fee of $2.00 be applied to those not wearing name tags, permanent or temporary, the proceeds of which would go to the West Kootenay/Boundary Regional Seniors Association.
Moved by Branch 118, seconded by Branch 68 – Carried.
- Traveling Gavel: – The Gavel which was presented to the West Kootenay/Boundary Regional Seniors has been located and will be given to the Regional Chair for use at Regional Meetings.
The Date and Location of the Fall Meeting will be Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017 in Grand Forks Branch 68 Seniors Centre.
Thank You Trail for hosting this meeting.
Adjournment: – Ralph White adjourned the meeting at 1:35 PM.