KASLO SENIOR CITIZENS’ BRANCH # 81
Report to West Kootenay/Boundary Regional Meeting –Balfour, B.C.
April 3, 2018
President’s Report – Highlights from past year:
- Increase in membership – now 63 members (11 are new members).
- Well attended monthly luncheons, thanks to Rob Clarke for being our volunteer chef and to Peter and Yvonne Grondin who have helped us for the past three luncheons.
- Sunshine Lady – Jean Cousins – fantastic job of calling membership about our events, leaving Happy Birthday messages, and for always being such a positive voice for seniors.
- Thank you to our outgoing executive members: Barbara Douglas, who has been our Secretary this year, to Flora Seamark, who was our 2nd Vice-President and to Lynda Beddow who was our Past President.
- Participation in activities (Sign-up sheet for coffee and volunteers for monthly luncheon) thanks to Molly Semenoff for initiating the rotation sign-up system we now have in place.
- Memberships and luncheon fees have been managed by Roberta Garrett, who has now retired from this position – Thank You!
- Ad Hoc Fundraising Committee – Louise De Pape, Margaret Dallyn, Mary Stickel and Elizabeth Brandrick, who successfully wrote and were awarded funding from CFNKLS and the Village of Kaslo.
- Partnership with North Kootenay Lake Community Social Services so that we could qualify for funding through CFNKLS.
- Development of “Let’s See and Hear” project, the second phase to be initiated in 2018.
- New exterior flag, small flags and pins – Donated by Wayne Stetski MP.
- Flag stand and installation – Charles De Pape
- Garage and Plant Sale – 100% profit of $473 was donated to our membership.
- Carpet Bowling takes place on Wednesday mornings and 11 members enjoy this fun activity.
- New “Kaslo Seniors” exterior sign by Len Roper, who designed our original sign over 30 years ago.
- Generous cash donation from Hugh Walker.
- New front door lock and configuration of inner doors.
- New outbuilding to house generator.
- New Equipment: Village of Kaslo – laptop computer, exterior signage, cables, CFNKL – Sound system, 65” TV, funds for installation and set-up of TV and laptop computer.
- Christmas – decorating party with lots of participants. It was fun! Wonderful Christmas Luncheon.
- Donation of food items to Food Hub.
- Grand awarded from Village of Kaslo for Kaslo’s 125th – funds for a brunch at the Kemball building on June 22, 2018.
- Updated rental agreement and pricing sheet.
- A new large capacity coffee urn was purchased.
- Book exchange/loan program successful
- Presentation by RCMP regarding fraud and phone scams which target seniors.
- Income tax services for seniors by Lynda Beddow.
Respectfully Submitted – Louise De Pape – President